The follow up to Dave's much acclaimed first solo album 'Veil of Gossamer' is in some ways an album he's always wanted to make. "...an album which really draws upon the excitement and exhilaration I first felt, listening to many of my early musical heros (Yes, Gentle Giant, David Sancious and Tone, The Mahavishnu Orchestra, Curved Air, Hatfield and The North, Deep Purple, Clannad, Mike Oldfield, The Enid, Keith Emerson, Allan Holdsworth, Alan Stivell, Ralph Vaughan-Williams to name but a few!). It was listening to all these great musicians and composers that first inspired me to become a musician and composer".
Dave's new album merges the Celtic, progressive, spiritual, folk-rock influenced soundscapes of IONA with a larger that usual dollop of what some might term 'progressive rock' type musical adventuring, where the emphasis is on great musicianship, new and classic sound combinations and evolving compositions with plenty of room for improvisation. Building on the foundations of what has gone past, but sounding fresh and new, this is music that transports you to another place. Music filled with passion and hope.
"Dave Bainbridge is a genius of immeasurable proportions whose talent has spanned the decades, working with artists as varied as Buddy Guy, Jack Bruce and IONA. If you are unfamiliar with him it's time to make amends. Trust me."
- Nick Beggs (Steve Wilson, Steve Hackett, etc)
"Dave is the world's most underrated guitarist AND keyboardist in any genre; and this spectacular album proves it. If this doesn't rocket him into the Prog firmament, then I'm a girl from Surrey."
- Troy Donockley (Nightwish, The Bad Shepherds)
"The perfect mix of virtuosity, musicality and emotion - a truly unique album"
- Paul Bielatowicz (Guitarist with Carl Palmer Band)
"Stunning writing, performances and arrangements - a superb spiritually uplifting album. It leaves you smiling!"
- John Hackett (Steve Hackett Band)
"Listening to the final master of Dave Bainbridge's new masterpiece 'Celestial Fire'. You are going to be totally blown out of your being and transported to another world.. So very privileged to be one of those invited to contribute... This latest offering is, in my own personal view, the very finest work that Dave has produced."
- David Fitzgerald
- Dave Bainbridge - 6 and 12 String Electric & Acoustic Guitars, Bouzouki, Mandolin, Piano, Organ, Keyboards, Autoharp, Finger Cymbals, Darbukka, Chimes, Indian Leg Bells, Beer Shaker, Tambourine, Backing Vocals
- Collin Leijenaar - Drums, Mellotron Choir
- Randy George - Bass Guitars, Taurus Bass Pedals
- Gabriel Alonso - Gongs, Timpani, Percussion, Cymbals, Gongs, Crotales, Shaker
- Damian Wilson - Vocals
- Sally Minnear - Vocals
- Yvonne Lyon - Vocals
- Julia Malyasova - Vocals
- Joanne Hogg - Ethereal Vocals
- Andrea Alonso - Vocals
- Debbie & Evie Bainbridge - Backing Vocals
- David Lyon - Backing Vocals
- Graeme Duffin - Backing Vocals
- Troy Donockley - Uilleann Pipes, E Low Whistle and D High Whistle
- David Fitzgerald - Tin Whistle, Flute, Chinese Flute, Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Baritone Saxes
- Martin Nolan - Uilleann Pipes, Tin Whistle
- Frank Van Essen - String Ensemble, solo Viola, solo Violin
- Todd Reynolds - Solo Electric Violin
- Corinne Frost - Cello
- Artwork by: Ed Unitsky
PRODUCED BY: Dave Bainbridge
LABEL: Open Sky Records